Stop Hurting Women With Exercise
Stop Hurting Women With Exercise is a 90 mins talk given by Antony Lo The Physio Detective to a group of health and fitness professionals at the 2016 Women's Health and Fitness Summit. This course is provided as a single 90 mins video and a PDF handout of the slides.
The 5 key points that health and fitness professionals are doing to hurt women are:
- Promoting Weakness
- Keeping It Comfortable
- Focus On The "Core"
- Creating Fear
- Training Women Using Male Templates
The 5 Solutions proposed are:
- Promoting Strength
- Keeping It Relatively Intense
- Focus on Movement Quality
- Creating Confidence
- Train Women Using Female Templates
This course is suitable for all health and fitness professionals and interested members of the public.
- 90mins of Professionally Recorded Lecture
- The slides in 2 formats - one for tablets, one for printing
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certification of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content, such as the slides can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite-sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- A Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
B.App.Sc.(Physio)(USyd)., Master in Manual Therapy (UWA)
Antony Lo is a physiotherapist from Australia and runs The Physio Detective service. He earned his degree from the University of Sydney and has been in practice over 21 years.
He completed his post-graduate masters in Manual Therapy (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy) from the University of Western Australia and commenced his Specialisation training in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
He has been involved with treating CrossFit athletes for 7 years and has helped some of the world’s best CrossFitters at the highest levels through to beginners of all ages. He loves and participates in CrossFit and is a strong advocate for the sport. Through participation and through his work as a Physiotherapist at all levels of CrossFit, he has developed a model of treatment that utilises the best from Sports Science, Musculoskeletal/Sports Physiotherapy, Pain Science, and Women’s Health research to provide a realistic holistic model of care balancing the biopsychosocial model of healthcare.
He is NOT an employee of CrossFit, he does not represent or work for them in any way and his views and opinions are entirely his own. He holds a CrossFit level 1 – Trainer Certificate and is a CrossFit Football Coach/Consultant (now CrossFit Sports Specific Application). Antony has a wife and 3 beautiful children in the best city in the world – Sydney, Australia!
Course Material included in this course