Sex & Pain Postpartum: The Bigger Picture
The 6th Pelvic Health Solution’s Symposium will give you an exceptional conference experience, and will enrich your theoretical and practical knowledge of pelvic health. If your patient has a pelvis, you will benefit from this conference! You don’t have to be a practicing internal pelvic health therapist in order to profit from this one-day conference. Learn the science, critical reasoning and inter-disciplinary approaches needed to fully understand the direction that pelvic health is taking in your community, provincially, nationally and internationally. Besides great programming and educational opportunities, conferences are where new friendships are made and new business gets developed. It is a place to build new connections with a multi-disciplinary community in a different way than a weekend class does.
Sexual health is so much more than just how our bodies work, how we feel, or the state of our relationships. Pain with sex can have a domino effect across a person’s quality of life, especially during the unique stresses of the postpartum period. What do you do when your client has needs outside of your scope of practice?
In this presentation, learn how to apply Tynan’s Sexual Self Model in practical ways to:
- Incorporate basic sex education into your practice (that will make big differences!)
- Screen for compounding sexual health factors
- Make educated referrals and provide up-to-date resources.
What do you get in this course?
- Slides to each lecture
- Lifetime Access: You can come back to this course at any time. If any material is updated or material is added to the course, you will have access to the new content.
- Certification of Completion: once you've created the course you will get a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia and while some of the content, such as the workbook can be downloaded, the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed on phone, tablet and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants (such as The Allied Health Professional Development Fund) and for tax purposes.
- Bite sized information: all of the content is broken down into bite sized chunks so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch or for a few minutes at night.
- You will receive a Special Coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
Audience: Rehab Professionals (PT, PTA, OT, OTA, AT, ET, Kin, etc), movement specialists, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and those interested in learning more about pelvic floor health and wellness.
Sexual Health Professional
Course Material included in this course
PHS Symposium 2019
Model and Questions
The Science of Desire
Referral Resources and Conclusion